[comp.os.msdos.programmer] memory resident pop up window

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) (05/06/91)

andrew@citrus.citr.uq.oz (Andrew Zander) writes:

>I have a memory resident program ( based on Al Stevens routines
>contained in TURBO C MEMORY RESIDENT UTILITIES ... etc )
>which pops up a window. This works fine if the screen is in text mode
>when the memory res. prog is invoked but not if its in graphics mode.
>Can anyone help ?

Most text-based TSRs refuse to pop up if the current video mode is other
than text.  The TSR should use the BIOS function (INT 10, AH=1, I think)
to test the mode when a pop up is requested.
--

	(Another fine mess brought to you by valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu)