[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Borland C vs Turbo C

cjones@isis.cs.du.edu (Charles J. Jones) (05/18/91)

In article <LEVERICW.91May17120358@cheetah.ece.clarkson.edu> levericw@clutx.clarkson.edu (Walden Leverich) writes:
>[... lots of crap deleted...]
>CJ> Its easy, Borland C is what used to be called Turbo C Professional.  i.e., it
>CJ> includes the stand-alone debugger, profiler and assembler.  Plus Borland
>CJ> C can generate Windows 3.0 compatible functions, and includes the
>CJ> Whitewater Resource Toolkit for creating Windows resources.
>
>I know that it is a pickey thing. But the package is Borland C++ not
>Borland C. If I am spouting bullsh*t then let me know, but I know of
>no Borland C package. The C++ package is a complete C++ compiler as
>well as everything Charles described above.

Yeah, well, good point.  There is no more Turbo C or Borland C or any
other such product.  The Turbo C++ and Borland C++ packages both include
a C compiler as part of the C++ compiler i.e., a compiler switch.

>-Walden

Charles

Charles J. Jones        | If builders built buildings the way programmers
cjones@nyx.cs.du.edu    | write programs, then the first woodpecker that
cjones@copper.denver.colorado.edu  | came along would destroy civilization.