[comp.os.msdos.programmer] SVGA<=>mouse

tc1n+@andrew.cmu.edu (Todd Lawrence Cignetti) (05/24/91)

Hi.  I am working on a large project using MS C (5.1/6.0).  It is a graphics
display program, and I need to use menus and have a mouse-type interface.
The problem is that the mouse routines for the microsoft mouse (and others) are
written for VGA graphics mode at best, and don't work with the 800x600x256 mode
that the display program uses.  If you have any suggestions on how to use the
mouse with Orchid Super VGA, or know of any PD software of this nature, please
let me know.  Also, if you might know where any PD source code for display-
type *functions* exist, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Todd  (tc1n@andrew.cmu.edu)

joe@proto.com (Joe Huffman) (05/25/91)

tc1n+@andrew.cmu.edu (Todd Lawrence Cignetti) writes:

>The problem is that the mouse routines for the microsoft mouse (and others) are
>written for VGA graphics mode at best, and don't work with the 800x600x256 mode
>that the display program uses.  If you have any suggestions on how to use the
>mouse with Orchid Super VGA,

The Zortech graphics library includes super VGA support (as well as Hercules,
CGA, TIGA and others).  There is interrupt driven mouse support built-in to
the graphics library so things 'just work' in all graphics modes on all
graphic boards supported.  Source code is available (for a price).
Educational discounts are available.  Call 800-848-8408 for more info.

---
Zortech is my major source of income.  Statements about them or their
competitors cannot be totally without bias.

--
joe@proto.com