[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Linking TurboPascal/TurboC with Microsoft LIB-files

nareid@phys.unit.no (Helge Nareid) (05/27/91)

A colleague of mine needs to link programs written in TurboPascal 6.0
(or possibly TurboC) with a library designed for use with Microsoft C.
Is there anybody out there who's done this sort of thing?

Any hints ?

- Helge

--
Helge Nareid                             E-mail :    nareid@phys.unit.no
SINTEF Applied Physics                   Phone  :    + 47 - 7 - 59 34 18

anicolao@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Alex Nicolaou) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.134923.9599@ugle.unit.no> nareid@phys.unit.no (Helge Nareid) writes:
>A colleague of mine needs to link programs written in TurboPascal 6.0
>(or possibly TurboC) with a library designed for use with Microsoft C.
>Is there anybody out there who's done this sort of thing?

 ** The Microsoft Library should link with Turbo C functions without any
difficulty whatsoever: the two library formats are compatible ... or at
least it worked for me with no difficulty. (Make sure you compile in the
right memory model)

alex

Helge.Nareid@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Helge Nareid) (05/28/91)

A colleague of mine needs to link programs written in TurboPascal 6.0
(or possibly TurboC) with a library designed for use with Microsoft C.
Is there anybody out there who's done this sort of thing?

Any hints ?

- Helge

--
Helge Nareid                             E-mail :    nareid@phys.unit.no
SINTEF Applied Physics                   Phone  :    + 47 - 7 - 59 34 18
Trondheim, Norway                        Fax    :    + 47 - 7 - 59 34 20

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)

Alex.Nicolaou@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Alex Nicolaou) (05/28/91)

jsims@vuse.vanderbilt.edu (J. Robert Sims) (05/30/91)

In article <675432063.15@sunbrk.FidoNet> Helge.Nareid@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Helge Nareid) writes:

>A colleague of mine needs to link programs written in TurboPascal 6.0
>(or possibly TurboC) with a library designed for use with Microsoft C.
>Is there anybody out there who's done this sort of thing?
>
>Any hints ?
>
>- Helge

I had a MicroSoft compatible library which I wanted to use with
Borland C++.  The tech reps at Borland (before I bought the package)
said that it should work by modifying their startup code, and gave me
directions on how to do it.  I bought the package, and the library
linked with _no_ modification to the startup code.  Borland said that
most libraries should link as long as they don't use floating point;
Borland and MicroSoft use different internal representations.

Rob