[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Borland C++ Bug List

csas400@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (04/28/91)

Like I promised I'd summarize the mailings I got from my Borland C++ Bug list
search.  I only got two messages but one of them was a real boon of
information.  Here it is:

> [...]
>
>_____________________________________________________________________________
>
>       Name:           Turbo-C++ bug list (bug-list-version 1.01.8)
>
>       Products:       Borland Turbo-C++ 1.00
>                       Borland Turbo-C++ 1.01
>                       Borland Borland-C++ 2.00
>
>       Author:         Marshall P. Cline
>                       ECE department
>                       Clarkson University
>                       Potsdam, NY  13676
>
>       Voice:          315-268-3868
>       Secretary:      315-268-6511
>       FAX:            315-268-7600
>
>       Internet:       cline@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
>       Alternate:      bh0w@clutx.clarkson.edu
>       Bitnet:         BH0W@CLUTX
>       UUnet:          uunet!clutx.clarkson.edu!bh0w
>
>       Copyright:      The Author releases this to the Public Domain
>
>       NO WARRANTY:    This list is distributed with NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.
>                       It is NOT guaranteed that this information is free
>                       from error; parts of this were donated by others, etc.
>
>       Availability:   This is freely available via anonymous ftp
>                       from: sun.soe.clarkson.edu [128.153.12.3]
>                       in the file: ~ftp/pub/Turbo-C++/bug-report
>
>       Without FTP:    You can also get it by sending electronic mail:
>                               To: archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
>                               Subject: send pub/Turbo-C++/bug-report
>                       This will help those who don't have ftp.
>
>       Revisions:      BugList-Date    BugList-Version
>                       11 Jun 90       1.00.1
>                       09 Aug 90       1.00.2
>                       14 Aug 90       1.00.3
>                       29 Aug 90       1.00.4
>                       20 Sep 90       1.00.5
>                       14 Nov 90       1.01.1 (some TC++ v.1.01 info added)
>                       21 Nov 90       1.01.2 (some responses from Borland)
>                       26 Nov 90       1.01.3
>                       30 Nov 90       1.01.4
>                       17 Dec 90       1.01.5
>                       31 Dec 90       1.01.6 (the last of the 1990 versions!)
>                       05 Mar 91       1.01.7 (beginning of the 2.0 comments)
>                       09 Apr 91       1.01.8
>
>Copyright:
>  This file is PUBLIC DOMAIN (including the contained code fragments).
>  That means no one (including myself) can restrict its use/distribution.
>  In particular, you can't copyright it.  No one can.  Not even me.
>
>Contributions:
>  If you have a TC++ bug to report, please email to the above addresses.
>  But please try to find/send a work-around to the problem/bug.
>  Also please explicitly state that your comments/code are public domain.
>
>The ``Borland says'' comments are from:
>  borland/long.messages #27, from lbenner, 9387 chars, Fri Nov  9 18:58:20 1990
>  TITLE: Borland's Comments to Emartinson's Bug List
>  Borland has added comments to the items listed in this file
>  originally posted as #25 from emartinson.
>  Lori Borland
>
>Coordination:
>  Starting with bug-report version 1.01.7, I've changed the format some.
>  New bugs now appear at the top of the list.  This will make it easier for
>  `old' readers to get a quick update.
>  Also, `missed features' and other `non-serious' problems are moved to the

sorrow@oak.circa.ufl.edu (05/22/91)

I was wondering, according Borland no bug list is available.  However, I
know that one is circulated on the net.  Could someone plese be kind
enough to tell me where I could find it (FTP address)?  I would like
the newest one if possible (only bugs pertaining to BC++, not Turbo C
and/or Turbo C++).

Thanks,

Brian

ericb@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Eric Berggren) (05/22/91)

sorrow@oak.circa.ufl.edu writes:

>I was wondering, according Borland no bug list is available.  However, I
>know that one is circulated on the net.  Could someone plese be kind
>enough to tell me where I could find it (FTP address)?  I would like
>the newest one if possible (only bugs pertaining to BC++, not Turbo C
>and/or Turbo C++).

  I recently purchased Borland C++ and I too have a small bug list of my
own. I know many of my problems have probably already been discussed (such
as disappearing mouse pointer when going to user screen under BC, and
occasional crashes [I have an 286 with 640k and EGA using Logitech 3.1]).
I did not have it, unfortunately, when much of these things were being
discussed, and did not pay careful attention until now.
  In addition to bug lists, I would like any available information on
patches for BC++ 2.0, particularly for my mouse pointer. I did not see
anything that applied to me on Simtel.
  Thanx.

-e.b.

  Eric Berggren             |         "Life is a Turing Test;
  Computer Science/Eng.     |           We're all automatons!"
  ericb@eecs.cs.pdx.edu     |              - (click, whir, buzz, chirp)

ericb@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Eric Berggren) (05/22/91)

  Bug list found (!)

  This information just handed to me....

  On sun.soe.clarkson.edu [128.153.12.3] under /pub/Turbo-C++ has a couple
of patches and what appears to be the latest bug list for Turbo and Borland
C++ products. it's a start...

-e.b.

distributes a periodic buglist.

I'm not a mailing-list expert, but I think you can subscribe by sending
a "SIGNOFF TCPLUS-L" command to LISTSERV@UCF1VM.  Please note that this
command must NOT be sent to the list address (TCPLUS-L@UCF1VM) but to
the LISTSERV address (LISTSERV@UCF1VM).

sidney@borland.com (Sidney Markowitz) (05/23/91)

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:
>I'm not a mailing-list expert, but I think you can subscribe by sending
>a "SIGNOFF TCPLUS-L" command to LISTSERV@UCF1VM.  Please note that this
>command must NOT be sent to the list address (TCPLUS-L@UCF1VM) but to
>the LISTSERV address (LISTSERV@UCF1VM).

The correct domain name form of the address is listserv@ucf1vm.cc.ucf.edu

You place commands in the body of the email message, one per line.
The correct command to subscribe is
SUBSCRIBE TCPLUS-L Yourfirstname YourLastname

the SIGNOFF command is to remove yourself from the list.
Send the line HELP for more information about LISTSERV commands.

TCPLUS-L is a mailing list. Marshall Cline's bug list is posted to it
every so often, but is maintained by him on sun.soe.clarkson.edu where
it is available by anonymous ftp.

 -- sidney markowitz <sidney@borland.com>
 Disclaimer: I work at Borland, but neither the bug list nor the
 mailing list mentioned in this message are created, supported,
 maintained (or any similar verbs you want to throw in) by Borland.

rider@geloser.CAM.ORG (Serge Ayotte) (05/25/91)

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:

> There is a mailing list for TurboC++/BorlandC++, called  TCPLUS-L, that
> distributes a periodic buglist.
>
> I'm not a mailing-list expert, but I think you can subscribe by sending
> a "SIGNOFF TCPLUS-L" command to LISTSERV@UCF1VM.  Please note that this
> command must NOT be sent to the list address (TCPLUS-L@UCF1VM) but to
> the LISTSERV address (LISTSERV@UCF1VM).

DON"T use SIGNOFF, that's for getting OFF a mailing list...
You should use SUBSCRIBE.
There a bunch of other commands (none of them comes to my mind) but I
have a file that I got on CI$ explaining this ('cause you can receive
the BITNET mailing there.. But that was before I got really connected to
the net... Much better ;-) ).

See You around the 'Net!!

 |INTERNET->rider@geloser.CAM.ORG       CI$->76307.3545@compuserve.com|
 |          Matrix Rider                     Serge Ayotte             |
 |      Gentleman Loser System (private), Montreal/Quebec/Canada      |

Serge.Ayotte@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Serge Ayotte) :
| DON"T use SIGNOFF, that's for getting OFF a mailing list...
| You should use SUBSCRIBE.

"Oops".  Of course Serge is right.  I just copied some text out of the
acknowledgment I received when I subscribed, and neglected to edit it.
Sorry for any confusion I caused!

tracy@salamandria (Tracy Harton) (05/30/91)

RAMontante <bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> writes:

> "Oops".  Of course Serge is right.  I just copied some text out of the
> acknowledgment I received when I subscribed, and neglected to edit it.
> Sorry for any confusion I caused!

Well, I gave it a try and the mail was bounced..  Do you know how I can
reach it?

----
Internet: tracy@salamandria.uucp
Citadel: Tracy Harton @ Salamandria