[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Find all drives on system

bj@seattleu.edu (Brett Jones) (06/07/91)

bytor@milton.u.washington.edu (Jill Patterson) writes:

> 	Does anyone know of any easy way to find all the drives available
> on a system.  These could also be Network drives.  I was thinking about
> doing a change drive to all 26 letters and seeing if the function fails
> or not, but there must be a better way.  Also how do you distinguish a
> net drive from a drive thats located physically in the computer.
>
> THX in Adv
>
> -----------
> bytor@milton.u.washington.edu

Jill,

     Get a copy of "Undocumented Dos".  It goes through this problem quite
thoroughly.

| Brett Jones - halcyon!ds!bj@seattleu.edu      | I cried because I had no  |
| USPS        - 1228 North 172nd St.            | shoes .... then I met a   |
|               Seattle, Wa, 98133-5418         | woman who had no credit   |
|               206/546-9697  800/899-9697      | cards.                    |
| CIS         - 76166,2542  Genie B-Jones       |                   lieland |

millerje@handel.cs.colostate.edu (Jeff Miller) (06/08/91)

Or if you have Turbo/Borland C, look under "setdisk"...
in Borland C++ 2.0, Library Reference Manual, it's on page 429.

Jeff