[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Seeking DESQView utility or code.

chaz@chinet.chi.il.us (Charlie Kestner) (06/08/91)

In article <136893@unix.cis.pitt.edu> rlsst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert Sillett) writes:

>I'm looking for a utility or code to display the names of the
>currently open DESQView windows.  I'd like to have the same output
>from the DESQView "Change Program" window to go to stdout.
>
>I've looked at the DVGLUE API and the Interrupt List and can't find
>any functions or calls to to this.
>
>I can handle MSC/TurboC and MASM/TASM code.

  In the future (if not the present), you may wish to cross-post this
sort of query to comp.os.msdos.desqview - which ALSO welcomes discussion
of other Quarterdeck products such as QEMM and Desqview/X...

Ralf.Brown@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (06/08/91)

}
}I've looked at the DVGLUE API and the Interrupt List and can't find
}any functions or calls to to this.

That's because there aren't any.  You'll have to do one of three things:

       a. grunge around in undocumented DESQview internal data structures
       b. write an XDI driver which keeps track of the currently open
	  programs
       c. replace the DV Open Window menu with your own, and keep track of
	  the open programs that way (see DVAPMENU for an example)
--
UUCP: {ucbvax,harvard}!cs.cmu.edu!ralf -=- 412-268-3053 (school) -=- FAX: ask
ARPA: ralf@cs.cmu.edu  BIT: ralf%cs.cmu.edu@CMUCCVMA  FIDO: 1:129/3.1