[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Deleting directories w/o first deleting the files

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) (06/13/91)

I seem to remember someone posting something to the effect that there
was a variation on the remove directory call (INT 21, AH=3A) which would
cause the directory to be removed even if it wasn't empty.  Is this possible?

I think the poster said that you would set the carry before doing the
INT 21, but I tried that and it didn't work...
--

	(Another fine mess brought to you by valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu)

phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) (06/13/91)

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) writes:

>I seem to remember someone posting something to the effect that there
>was a variation on the remove directory call (INT 21, AH=3A) which would
>cause the directory to be removed even if it wasn't empty.  Is this possible?
>
>I think the poster said that you would set the carry before doing the
>INT 21, but I tried that and it didn't work...

Designing it to use the carry flag like that would be a bad idea unless the
specs said that the carry flag has this meaning or must be off, since otherwise
the carry flag might have either value.

More than likely it would have to be something so unusual that it is highly
unlikely to occur by chance.
--
/ Phil Howard -- KA9WGN -- phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   |  Guns don't aim guns at  \