[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Joystick reads in MS-C?

rlm@ceres.physics.uiowa.edu (06/14/91)

We would like to read a joystick using Microsoft C for an application on an
HP Vectra 386 running MS-DOS. Does anyone either have a routine which
does this or can advise us where to look for joystick reading software?

Thanks,

Robert Mutel
Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242

Phone: (319) 335-1950         |  TWX: 910-525-1398
SPAN: 7230::RLM (CERES)       |  Bitnet: rlm%denali.Physics.UIowa.Edu@CUNYVM
HEPnet: 47588::RLM (IOWA)     |  Internet: rlm@denali.Physics.UIowa.Edu

nyet@nntp-server.caltech.edu (n liu) (06/14/91)

rlm@ceres.physics.uiowa.edu writes:

>We would like to read a joystick using Microsoft C for an application on an
>HP Vectra 386 running MS-DOS. Does anyone either have a routine which
>does this or can advise us where to look for joystick reading software?

Reading the port directly is a drag (but is possible), but bios is the
easiest; int15 subfunction 84h (check yer favorite interrupt list).
If you need more info, mail me, and i'll send you the specifics.

nye