[comp.os.msdos.programmer] PD elan interpreter/compiler wanted

jaaps@sci.kun.nl (Jaap Shane) (06/20/91)

From: jaaps@sci.kun.nl (Jaap Shane)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.msdos.programmer
Subject: PD elan compiler/interpreter wanted.
Keywords:elan

As the title suggests, I am looking for a public domain ELAN compiler
or interpreter.

Here at the University of Nijmegen, students learn to program in ELAN.
A friend of mine has written a small database application in ELAN, using
the interpreter supplied with the course material for a programming course.

However this project has grown to over 32kb in source.
Her ELAN interpreter can only handle programs of up to 32 kb.

So. What I am looking for is an elan environment/interpreter/compiler
which does not have such a limitation.

I could translate the program to C, but I would rather not do that because I
don't have that much spare time. The program must be in public domain, or
it must be shareware (and not too expensive). Of course a compiler is
preferred, but an interpreter would also do.

Thanks,

Jaap Shane
----------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Jaap Shane                  | Department of Physical Chemistry,
Internet : jaaps@sci.kun.nl | Catholic University of Nijmegen
Bitnet   : U627008@HNYKUN11 | Toernooiveld, 6525ED, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
--
----------------------------+------------------------------------------------

Norbert.Zacharias@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Norbert Zacharias) (06/21/91)

jaaps@sci.kun.nl (Jaap Shane) writes:

>From: jaaps@sci.kun.nl (Jaap Shane)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.msdos.programmer
>Subject: PD elan compiler/interpreter wanted.
>Keywords:elan

>So. What I am looking for is an elan environment/interpreter/compiler
>which does not have such a limitation.
There is an older Version of a complet EUMEL-system as PD availeble!
It is an complet multiuser/multitasking system.
For more Informations try to contact the GMD Projekt Micros
(Gesellschaft fuer Mathematik und Datenverabeitung ) Schloss Birlinghofen /Near Bonn
Or
Reinhard Nolting / Dietmar Heinrichs
Hochschulrechenzentrum der Uni Bielefeld

>I could translate the program to C,
I don't think so! There are a LOT of differences betwen c and ELAN

Hope that helps
Norbert
Norbert Zacharias          Norbert.Zacharias@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de
FB Physik                                               148964@DOLUNI1.bitnet
Carl-von-Ossietzky-Universitaet
Tel. 0049-441-7983527
 Was Du nicht willst das man Dir tu, das will auch nicht was willst denn Du?
							   Heinz Erhardt

Norbert.Zacharias@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Norbert Zacharias) (06/21/91)

I have found an email-address from the GMD
try
bine@gmdzi.gmd.de
Maybee they can give u more infos