[comp.os.msdos.programmer] IBM Serial/Para. Port

bank@lea.csc.ncsu.edu (Belgarath the Sorcerer) (06/28/91)

In article <LLEE.91Jun26155919@sneezy.sanders.com> llee@rocket.uucp (Leonard Lee) writes:
>Fellow comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmers:
>
>I need to read/write data to the ibm pc serial/parallel port (on a
>386DX-based machine). Could someone provide some C code that does this
>or provide a good reference? Thanks. Len.

   I'm assuming you're working in C. If not, this book will still
be useful, but not reasily so.

   I would suggest "C Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications" by
Joe Campbell. ISBN 0-672-22584-0, published by Howard Sams & Co.

   Ooops...just looked at your message again. You said you were working
in C. Ignore my first paragraph.

   Anyway, the book is an excellent reference and includes code to
create both polled and interrupt-driven serial I/O applications.

Belgarath the Sorcerer
bank@lea.csc.ncsu.edu