[comp.windows.x.motif] Young has a Motif book?

dedalus@athena.mit.edu (Lewis J. Gramer) (06/28/90)

In article <9006271708.AA03493@gruntled.TN.CORNELL.EDU> dmc@HELIOS.TN.CORNELL.EDU writes:

>Hi, I just read a reference to a Motif book by D. Young.
>Having enjoyed and benefitted greatly from his book on Xt,
>I would love to have the counterpart on Motif.
>
>			dmc@helios

Douglas Young has TWO books out (that I know of) in the Motif arena.
The one you're probably most interested in is "X Window System Progr.
& Applications with Xt: OSF/Motif Edition" (the one with the white
cover). I like this book a lot, because it's nice reading.

He also has an "OSF/Motif Reference Guide", which is intuitively
organized, if a little shallow in its info. It seems to be intended
strictly as an "at the keyboard" reference for people relatively well
versed in Xt and Motif.

I believe these are both published by Prentice-Hall in the US.

					Good luck!

					Lew Gramer
| Lewis J. Gramer				dedalus@athena.mit.edu |
| (617) 625-0449  (home)			84 Oxford Street  #3   |
| (617) 252-5077  (work)			Somerville, MA 02143   |

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (06/28/90)

In article <9006271708.AA03493@gruntled.TN.CORNELL.EDU>,
dmc@HELIOS.TN.CORNELL.EDU writes:
|> Hi, I just read a reference to a Motif book by D. Young.
|> Having enjoyed and benefitted greatly from his book on Xt,
|> I would love to have the counterpart on Motif.

The second edition of Doug Young's Xt book covers the C language (no
UIL) interface to Motif.  I've heard that he also has a book focusing
on Motif.  I haven't seen this one, though.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee