[comp.windows.x.motif] C++: Xt and/or Motif?

richard@unipalm.co.uk (Richard) (06/28/90)

> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 90 16:14:05 EDT
> From: Dean Cirielli <dmc@helios.tn.cornell.edu>
>
> Part of our project goal here is to produce Motif products for
> the Physics world by using C++.
>
> [deleted...]
>
> 	Is there a commonly accepted approach to this?

You should at least consider Solbourne's Object Interface Toolkit,
available through AT&T's Unix Software Organisation. It is an
abstracted toolkit, giving RUN-TIME (sic) bindings to either OPEN LOOK
or Motif. It is written in C++.

Real Soon now they will have the Open Look bindings, and in a couple
of months they will have the Motif bindings.

I have seen it running and it is impressive. It also includes swm, a
window manager that gives "rooms" type functionality (i.e. a virtual,
scrollable root window).

Disclaimer : I have no connection with either Solbourne or AT&T.

Richard.

Richard Nuttall                                richard@xtech.uucp
XTech, Cambridge, England                      ukc!acorn!unipalm!xtech!richard
Tel: +44 954 211862                            richard@unipalm.uucp