[comp.windows.x.motif] vendorShellWidgetClass ?

argv@Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (07/16/90)

On Jul 13, 11:14am, scholz@osf.org wrote:
> argv@Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) wrote:
> >   The program sets it to a
> > string that looks like:
> > 	" entry_%d f.send_msg %d \n"
> The XmNmwmMenu resource is documented on the VendorShell manpage.  It

yes, I see that.  Sorry I should have been more specific here.

The problem is that when I specify the optional mnemonic and/or accelerator
parameters, then I *always* get:
    mwm: Invalid accelerator specification on line N of specification string
The man page says:
    label [mnemonic] [accelerator] function
Yes, what is shown in the stirng above is a label and a function + the "tag"
parameter you mentioned.  Can you provide examples of using the mnemonic
and accelerator args here?  I have tried what seems to be all "probable"
syntaxes.

Other observations:   Selecting one of the pushbuttons to add or
delete "protocols" (menu entries) causes the entire window to be
unmapped and then remapped (in a different location).  That location
seems to move in a downward stepwise direction despite where you might
move the window.  1) why does the window have to be mapped and remapped
just to change the system menu? 2) when remapped, why move it in this
fashion?

--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com