[comp.windows.x.motif] Icon Box background color

katz@elements.rpal.com (Morry Katz) (07/17/90)

Does anyone know how to change the color surrounding the icons in the
iconbox without affecting the colors in other windows.  This seems to
inherit from *Forground, but changing the default for all windows in
NOT a reasonable solution.  Please send responses by mail to
katz@cs.stanford.edu as I do not normally read this group.
Morry Katz
katz@cs.stanford.edu

scholz@osf.org (07/17/90)

shelby!carbon!katz@decwrl.dec.com (Morry Katz) wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change the color surrounding the icons in the
> iconbox without affecting the colors in other windows.  This seems to
> inherit from *Forground, but changing the default for all windows in
> NOT a reasonable solution.  Please send responses by mail to
> katz@cs.stanford.edu as I do not normally read this group.
>
> Morry Katz
> katz@cs.stanford.edu

Depending on which version of Motif you have, 1.0 or 1.1, set the
following resource:

for 1.0:
Mwm*iconbox*selectColor: red

for 1.1 early snapshots:
Mwm*iconbox*troughColor: red

Both of these resources will affect the color of the area behind the icons
in the bulletinboard part of the iconbox AND the color of the trough area
in the iconbox scrollbars.  The name and affect of this resource is not
necessarily etched in stone yet.  BTW, you don't have to set these to
*red*, be creative, and pick you own color. ;-)

Carl
Carl S. Scholz - Motif QA           Open Software Foundation
scholz@osf.osf.org                  Cambridge, MA   (617) 621-8996
Disclaimer: just me yapping, not my employer

basil@THYME.JPL.NASA.GOV (Basil Hashem) (07/18/90)

=
=  Does anyone know how to change the color surrounding the icons in the
=  iconbox without affecting the colors in other windows.  This seems to
=  inherit from *Forground, but changing the default for all windows in
=  NOT a reasonable solution.  Please send responses by mail to
=  katz@cs.stanford.edu as I do not normally read this group.
=
Yes, I use a "Gray" for my iconbox*Foreground resource.

Try using these color specifications in your ~/.Xdefaults file.

Mwm*iconImageForeground:        Blue2
Mwm*iconImageBackground:        Bisque
Mwm*icon*foreground:    	Black
Mwm*icon*background:    	LemonChiffon
Mwm*iconbox*clientDecoration:   none
Mwm*iconbox*Foreground: 	MediumSlateBlue
Mwm*iconbox*topShadowColor:     ForestGreen
Mwm*iconbox*bottomShadowColor:  ForestGreen

These resource setting create a reasonably looking iconbox but I'm sure it
can be improved.

--
                                   Basil Hashem
                               basil@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov