[comp.windows.x.motif] Submission for comp-windows-x-motif

usenet@upba.UUCP (Usenet News Owner) (07/21/90)

From: scott@graft.Berkeley.EDU (Scott Silvey)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x,comp.windows.x.motif
Subject: Colormaps and Motif
Date: 20 Jul 90 14:11:00 GMT
Sender: root@apollo.HP.COM
To: comp-windows-x-motif@uunet.uu.net

I am having trouble setting the colormap for my motif applications.

Is this a known bug, or have people out there been able to
  accomplish this?

I am on a DecStation3100 running X11R4 and Motif1.0 (R3).

I make my own colormap and would like this to be the one used when
  I move into the window, however, it either 1)doesn't work if I try
  setting the colormap for sub-widgets or 2)it crashes the window
  manager (when I move the mouse into the window) when I set the
  colormap of the toplevel shell widget.

I use XSetWindowColormap(XtDisplay(widget), XtWindow(widget), cmap)
  to set the window's colormap.  I also tried XtSetValues for the
  XmNcolormap resource.  Then I use XSetWMColormapWindows() to
  tag a property on the toplevel widget which will supposedly be
  used by the window manager.

I guess I could make up a simple example and include the code,
  but first I want to know if other people have this problem too.

Would really appretiate knowing if other people have gotten this
  to work properly or not ... especially if it can be done for only
  sub-windows.

Thanks a lot.

Scott