[comp.windows.x.motif] Colormaps and Motif

scott@graft.Berkeley.EDU (Scott Silvey) (07/20/90)

I am having trouble setting the colormap for my motif applications.

Is this a known bug, or have people out there been able to
  accomplish this?

I am on a DecStation3100 running X11R4 and Motif1.0 (R3).

I make my own colormap and would like this to be the one used when
  I move into the window, however, it either 1)doesn't work if I try
  setting the colormap for sub-widgets or 2)it crashes the window
  manager (when I move the mouse into the window) when I set the
  colormap of the toplevel shell widget.

I use XSetWindowColormap(XtDisplay(widget), XtWindow(widget), cmap)
  to set the window's colormap.  I also tried XtSetValues for the
  XmNcolormap resource.  Then I use XSetWMColormapWindows() to
  tag a property on the toplevel widget which will supposedly be
  used by the window manager.

I guess I could make up a simple example and include the code,
  but first I want to know if other people have this problem too.

Would really appretiate knowing if other people have gotten this
  to work properly or not ... especially if it can be done for only
  sub-windows.

Thanks a lot.

Scott

scott@graft.Berkeley.EDU (Scott Silvey) (07/23/90)

I am having trouble setting the colormap for my motif applications.

Is this a known bug, or have people out there been able to
  accomplish this?

I am on a DecStation3100 running X11R4 and Motif1.0 (R3), and
  am using twm for my window manager.

[...]

dgh@Unify.Com (David Harrington) (07/27/90)

In article <4bb6424c.20b6d@apollo.HP.COM> uunet!xcf.berkeley.edu!scott writes:

[...text deleted...]

Why was this article posted MORE THAN FIFTY TIMES!!!!????

What's going on in this newsgroup???

Sheesh.
--
David Harrington                                      internet: dgh@unify.COM
Unify Corporation                              ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!dgh

mikey@eukanuba.wpd.sgi.com (Mike Yang) (07/27/90)

In article <8mn32q6@Unify.Com>, dgh@Unify.Com (David Harrington) writes:
|> Why was this article posted MORE THAN FIFTY TIMES!!!!????
|>
|> What's going on in this newsgroup???
|>
|> Sheesh.

Didn't you figure out that it was some network problem?  Do you really
think that it was intentionally posted MORE THAN FIFTY TIMES?

Didn't you read the timely followup from the original author which
pointed this out?

Did you have some point you were trying to make?

Sheesh.

                 Mike Yang        Silicon Graphics, Inc.
               mikey@sgi.com           415/335-1786

mayer@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Niels Mayer) (07/28/90)

In article <11008@odin.corp.sgi.com> mikey@sgi.com writes:
>In article <8mn32q6@Unify.Com>, dgh@Unify.Com (David Harrington) writes:
>|> Sheesh.
>Sheesh.

Gesundheit!

	    Niels Mayer -- hplabs!mayer -- mayer@hplabs.hp.com
		  Human-Computer Interaction Department
		       Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
			      Palo Alto, CA.
				   *

dgh@Unify.Com (David Harrington) (07/31/90)

In article <11008@odin.corp.sgi.com> mikey@sgi.com writes:
>In article <8mn32q6@Unify.Com>, dgh@Unify.Com (David Harrington) writes:
>|> Why was this article posted MORE THAN FIFTY TIMES!!!!????
>|>
>|> What's going on in this newsgroup???
>|>
>|> Sheesh.
>
>Didn't you figure out that it was some network problem?  Do you really
>think that it was intentionally posted MORE THAN FIFTY TIMES?

Yes, I did.  No, I didn't.

>Didn't you read the timely followup from the original author which
>pointed this out?

No, I didn't.

>Did you have some point you were trying to make?

No.  What the hell is your point?  You just like flaming?