[net.travel] Inquiries about "Inter-Rail".

ronan@turtle.DEC (john ronan 381-2983) (02/28/85)

---
Hi.
Can Anyone give me information on (or impressions of) the "InterRail" system
in Europe.  I heard from someone who had been in Europe some years ago that
this system is cheaper than Eurail, but you purchase the tickets there.

Are there any other restrictions or fees asssociated with it?
(I also heard you pay 50% of the regular fare while traveling in the country
in which you purchased it)...
It seems too good to be true, when comparing prices to Eurail.

Oh.  Please respond to me directly if you would, as I am not yet
a subscriber to the travel news group.

    				John Ronan
    				...decvax!decwrl!rhea!tools!ronan
    				(603) 881-2983

rjw@ptsfc.UUCP (Rod Williams) (03/04/85)

In article <805@decwrl.UUCP> ronan@turtle.DEC (john ronan 381-2983) writes:

>Can Anyone give me information on (or impressions of) the "InterRail" system
>in Europe.  I heard from someone who had been in Europe some years ago that
>this system is cheaper than Eurail, but you purchase the tickets there.

 InterRail is only available to persons aged 25 or younger. I
 used it the first year it was introduced (1972) and *did* 14
 countries in 15 days (gasp!) - I still cherish all those stamps
 in my long-since-expired passport, but travel at a more sedate
 pace these days (:-))
--

 rod williams