[net.travel] Bargain air-fares to Europe

ronan@turtle.DEC (john ronan 381-2983) (02/26/85)

----
I'm planning to fly from Boston to London around May 1st.  Has anyone
discovered any good bargains for round-trip tickets between those points.
I'll be staying about 3 weeks.  I could also travel between Boston and
Paris instead.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

    				John Ronan
    				...decvax!decwrl!rhea!tools!ronan
    				(603) 881-2983

tim@conejo.UUCP (James T. Kehres) (02/28/85)

[]

In article <745@decwrl.UUCP> ronan@turtle.DEC (john ronan 381-2983) writes:
>----
>I'm planning to fly from Boston to London around May 1st.  Has anyone
>discovered any good bargains for round-trip tickets between those points.
>I'll be staying about 3 weeks.  I could also travel between Boston and
>Paris instead.  Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
>    				John Ronan
>    				...decvax!decwrl!rhea!tools!ronan
>    				(603) 881-2983

You might try giving Mr. Ganesh DeSilva with Travel Center, Inc. a call.  They
seem to specialize in international travel, but I am told that it is usually
important to get your tickets well in advance (several months at least).  I
do not have any direct experience with this organization, but have heard good
things.  Here is the information you need.

			Mr. Ganesh DeSilva
			Travel Center Inc.
			36 S. Wabash Ave.
			Chicago, IL  60603
			(312) 726-0088
			(800) 621-5228

Tim Kehres						Conejo Office Systems
							San Jose,  California
{amd,intelca,nsc,sun,pesnta,twg}!conejo!tim		(408) 286-5170

techpub@mhuxt.UUCP (mcgrew) (03/05/85)

> ----
> I'm planning to fly from Boston to London around May 1st.  Has anyone
> discovered any good bargains for round-trip tickets between those points.
> I'll be staying about 3 weeks.  I could also travel between Boston and
> Paris instead.  Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
>     				John Ronan
>     				...decvax!decwrl!rhea!tools!ronan
>     				(603) 881-2983

I've traveled to Europe several times and each time have used
Liberty Travel, an agency here in NJ.  I'm not sure if they
have offices in MA but it would be worth a look.  As a matter
of fact when I saw this article it reminded me to give them
a call--I too am going to London (probably in June).  Here's
what price they gave me.

  Virgin Air  175.
  Peoples Express  159.

Prices are one-way, but when I asked about TWA or the other bigger
airlines the travel agent said it would be around 500.
to 600. round trip.  She assured me that Peoples and VA are pretty
reputable.

I know that PAN AM had a special to Paris last summer also.  You might
want to ask if they have anything planned for this year.  A word
of caution though:  Last year when we flew to Germany we arrived about
3 hours late, and coming back to the states we were equally late.

The phone number of the Liberty Travel Agency I use is (201) 857-1001,
should you want to give them a call.

Happy travels!

Melanie Accomando
ihnp4!mhuxt!techpub