[comp.windows.x.motif] Help needed porting XView application to Motif

pturner@ese.ese.ogi.edu (Paul Turner) (08/20/90)

Hello,

I'm in the process of porting all of our codes written with
XView to Motif and things have been going smoothly save for a couple
of items, I need a Widget corresponding to a PANEL_CHOICE_STACK, and
a replacement for notify_set_itimer_func(). I'd appreciate very much
hearing from anyone with a possible replacement for either of these.

Thank you, in advance,

--Paul

Paul J Turner - pturner@ese.ogi.edu

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (08/20/90)

In article <11510@ogicse.ogi.edu> pturner@ese.ese.ogi.edu (Paul Turner) writes:
> I'm in the process of porting all of our codes written with
> XView to Motif and things have been going smoothly save for a couple
> of items, I need a Widget corresponding to a PANEL_CHOICE_STACK, and
A choice stack is little different from any other type of popup menu.
I assume you know how to do that, so not much more explanation is needed
there.  Be sure to keep in mind the GUI specification differences.

> a replacement for notify_set_itimer_func(). I'd appreciate very much
The itimer func can be completely replaced by XtAddTimeOut().
All X documentation discusses this completely (of course, I'm biased
towards O'Reilly documentation).  There are also freely available
programs that utilize this so you can see examples.  See xnlock (volume
6, issue 88) or xfig (volume 8, issues 10-30).
Both are available in the comp.sources.x archives on UUNET and other
places (xnlock is probably not on expo, sorry).
--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com