[comp.windows.x.motif] Academic source license

graham@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Mr.G.Dean) (08/20/90)

Does anyone know if there is an educational discount on the motif
source licence from OSF ?? - I've received some licence stuff from
the OSF but I'm still not too sure on the cost of this licence (!).
A figure of $1000 is mentioned, but I'm not sure if this applies to
educational establishments as well. ( A discounted figure is mentioned
for various service agreements ).

	-- Graham Dean

uucp:   ...!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!graham    Department of Computing		 *
arpa:   graham%lancs.comp@ucl.cs       University of Lancaster		 *
janet:  graham@uk.ac.lancs.comp        Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK	 *

richard@unipalm.co.uk (Richard) (08/23/90)

> Does anyone know if there is an educational discount on the motif
> source licence from OSF ??

The discount comes with binary licences. An educational site that has
a source licence ($1000) does not have to pay for each binary copy
made from that source.

Richard Nuttall                                 richard@xtech.uucp
XTech Limited, 145 St Neots Road,              (richard@unipalm.uucp)
Cambridge CB3 7QJ, England
Tel: +44 954 211862 Fax: +44 954 211244

dbrooks@osf.org (David Brooks) (08/23/90)

In article <1001@dcl-vitus.comp.lancs.ac.uk>, graham@comp.lancs.ac.uk
(Mr.G.Dean) writes:
|> Does anyone know if there is an educational discount on the motif
|> source licence from OSF ??

The source license fee is $1000, for academic and other organizations.
However, academic institutions pay this fee for unlimited copies at a
single mailing address (a so-called campus-wide license).  For other
bodies, it's $1000 per copy.
--
David Brooks				dbrooks@osf.org
Systems Engineering, OSF		uunet!osf.org!dbrooks