[comp.windows.x.motif] Open Motif?

wendl@munich.enet.dec.com (uli) (08/21/90)

Are there any comparisons of Open Look and Motif available?
Is the merger still planed?
And when will it be done?

Please e-mail - Thanks in advance
uli

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (08/22/90)

In article <275@uninet.vbo.dec.com> wendl@munich.enet.dec.com (uli) writes:
> Are there any comparisons of Open Look and Motif available?
I am co-authoring an article for "Sun Observer" that compares the
two GUIs.  Note: despite the magazine's name, *I* do not take political
sides and will not slant the article in favor of Motif or OpenLook.
The article is slated for a December issue.

> Is the merger still planed?
hee hee..

> And when will it be done?
Naa... this one's too easy.
--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com

> In article <275@uninet.vbo.dec.com> wendl@munich.enet.dec.com (uli) writes:
> > Are there any comparisons of Open Look and Motif available?
Which Open Look, API or GUI?  I authored an API comparison (Motif vs.
AT&Ts OL implementation) for OSF which was presented to IEEE P1201
and so is presumbably publicly available, although I'm not sure where.
I don't have copies I can make available myself.

						-kee

Alphalpha Software, Inc.	|	motif-request@alphalpha.com
nazgul@alphalpha.com		|-----------------------------------
617/646-7703 (voice/fax)	|	Proline BBS: 617/641-3722

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.

-------

dbrooks@osf.org (David Brooks) (08/23/90)

In article <275@uninet.vbo.dec.com>, wendl@munich.enet.dec.com (uli) writes:
|> Are there any comparisons of Open Look and Motif available?

We publish "OSF/Motif -- The Graphical User Interface for Open
Systems", a 13-page brochure that compares OSF/Motif with other GUIs.
You may detect a bias :-).  For copies call OSF Direct at +1(617)621-7300.
direct@osf.org stands a good chance also.

|> Is the merger still planned?
|> And when will it be done?

Volunteers?

|> Please e-mail - Thanks in advance

Thought it would be of general interest.

--
David Brooks				dbrooks@osf.org
Systems Engineering, OSF		uunet!osf.org!dbrooks