[comp.windows.x.motif] XmNentryCallback again...

argv@Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (08/22/90)

I could have sworn someone said something about this in one of these
newsgroups, but I can't find the message.  The problem is with
setting XmNentryCallback in row columns (specifically radio boxes).
I get a coredump with the following trace...

_sigtramp(0x120bc0, 0x10e2b9, 0xeffed40) at 0xed277e3
_XtCallCallbacks(0x120890, 0xeffed40) at 0x84da3
XtWidgetCallCallbacks(0x120888, 0xeffed40) at 0x85109
entry_fired() at 0x56c9f
XtWidgetOverrideCallback() at 0x850e7

BTW, I've noticed that ToggleButton GADGETS don't work for
XmToggleButtonGetState.

XmToggleButtonSetState always seems to coredump as well whether
the toggle button is a widget or a gadget.

--dan

murphy@ufp.dco.dec.com (Rick Murphy) (08/23/90)

In article <9008220718.AA26170@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM>,
  argv@Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) writes:

>BTW, I've noticed that ToggleButton GADGETS don't work for
>XmToggleButtonGetState.
>
>XmToggleButtonSetState always seems to coredump as well whether
>the toggle button is a widget or a gadget.
>
>--dan

I use XmToggleButtonGadgetSetState.. works for me. I don't know if the
non-gadget variant works; also, I seem to recall that doing a
XmToggleButtonSetState on a gadget dies - you need to use the
gadget/non-gadget variant to make it work.

(The news reader this is written from uses XmToggle...etc)
	-Rick
--
Rick Murphy, WA1SPT/4			Digital Equipment, Landover, MD
murphy@ufp.dec.com			UFP stands for United Federation

dbrooks@osf.osf.org (David Brooks) (08/25/90)

In article <9008220718.AA26170@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM> <argv@Sun.COM> writes:

>BTW, I've noticed that ToggleButton GADGETS don't work for
>XmToggleButtonGetState.

This is fixed (or enhanced, depending on your point of view) in 1.1.
XmToggleButton.etState work on the gadget or the widget.
--
David Brooks			dbrooks@osf.org
Systems Engineering, OSF	uunet!osf.org!dbrooks