[comp.windows.x.motif] Deleting Text From a Read-Only Text Widget

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (08/25/90)

In article <8301@ucrmath.ucr.edu> yakker@ucrmath.ucr.edu (matt robinson) writes:
> Right now, I don't know of any widget to just get rid of the
> source in the file (other than maybe XtTextReplace, but that
> doesn't allow for a file specification; rather, a char *.)

You should be posting this stuff to comp.windows.x.motif.

Anwyay, you can delete the text in a widget using:
    XmTextSetString(text_widget, "");

If you want to replace the entire widget text completely, then
use some other string besides "".
--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com

yakker@ucrmath.ucr.edu (matt robinson) (09/02/90)

:
:Anwyay, you can delete the text in a widget using:
:    XmTextSetString(text_widget, "");
:
:If you want to replace the entire widget text completely, then
:use some other string besides "".
:--
:dan
:O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com
:Opinions expressed reflect those of the author only.

Notice the Xt, not Xm.  By the way, good book on XView.  I'm using it now,
and finding it a welcome reference and tool.

Matt D. Robinson
Meta Access, Inc.