[comp.windows.x.motif] How to tell mwm to decorate popups differently?

pjs@aristotle.JPL.NASA.gov (Peter Scott) (09/15/90)

I want the main Xpostit window (the plaid one) to have no decorations,
and the individual postit notes themselves to have resize handles on.
I tried this:

	Mwm*Xpostit*clientDecoration:   None
	Mwm*Xpostit*PostItNote*clientDecoration: Resizeh

and the result was no decorations on the postit popups either.
Can what I want be done?  Adding unnecessary decorations to
postits really consumes real estate.

--
This is news.  This is your       |    Peter Scott, NASA/JPL/Caltech
brain on news.  Any questions?    |    (pjs@aristotle.jpl.nasa.gov)

yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) (09/15/90)

In article <1990Sep14.181926.19211@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov> pjs@aristotle.JPL.NASA.gov (Peter Scott) writes:
>   I want the main Xpostit window (the plaid one) to have no decorations,
>   and the individual postit notes themselves to have resize handles on.
>   I tried this:
>
>	   Mwm*Xpostit*clientDecoration:   None
>	   Mwm*Xpostit*PostItNote*clientDecoration: Resizeh
>
>   and the result was no decorations on the postit popups either.
>   Can what I want be done?  Adding unnecessary decorations to
>   postits really consumes real estate.

	You almost had it.  Try the following resource setting:

   Mwm*Xpostit*clientDecoration:   None
   Mwm*PostItNote*clientDecoration: Resizeh

	=Mike
--
= Michael K. Yee		-- yee@osf.org or uunet!osf.org!yee --
= OSF/Motif Senior SW Engineer

achan@sparkle.nec.com (Amy Chan) (09/15/90)

In article <1990Sep14.181926.19211@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov> pjs@aristotle.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>I want the main Xpostit window (the plaid one) to have no decorations,
>and the individual postit notes themselves to have resize handles on.
>I tried this:
>
>	Mwm*Xpostit*clientDecoration:   None
>	Mwm*Xpostit*PostItNote*clientDecoration: Resizeh
>
>and the result was no decorations on the postit popups either.
>Can what I want be done?  Adding unnecessary decorations to
>postits really consumes real estate.

Should "Resizeh" be "resizeh" instead?

Amy Chan
achan@tdd.sj.nec.com

devin@samwise.Colorado.EDU (Yampalimardilor) (09/15/90)

In article <1990Sep14.181926.19211@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov>,
pjs@aristotle.JPL.NASA.gov (Peter Scott) writes:
|> I want the main Xpostit window (the plaid one) to have no decorations,
|> and the individual postit notes themselves to have resize handles on.
|> I tried this:
|>
|> 	Mwm*Xpostit*clientDecoration:   None
|> 	Mwm*Xpostit*PostItNote*clientDecoration: Resizeh
|>
|> and the result was no decorations on the postit popups either.
|> Can what I want be done?  Adding unnecessary decorations to
|> postits really consumes real estate.

Try this:

 	Mwm*Xpostit*clientDecoration:   None
 	Mwm*PostItNote*clientDecoration: Resizeh

This worked on my machine.

	-Devin

|> --
|> This is news.  This is your       |    Peter Scott, NASA/JPL/Caltech
|> brain on news.  Any questions?    |    (pjs@aristotle.jpl.nasa.gov)
* Yampalimardilor          *     a.k.a Devin Hooker (RP90) DoD # 0034 *
* Mage School, Glantri     *           University of Colorado-Boulder *
* (Master of Movement)     *           (Undergrad Student)            *