[comp.windows.x.motif] Motif for MS Windows

cb@sequoia.execu.com (Christopher D. Brown) (10/06/90)

I neglected to post the original of the follow to this group.  Your
thoughts and comment would be most valued.

=Newsgroups: comp.windows.ms
=Subject: Re: X-Windows Server for MS Windows
[edit]
=With Quarterdeck making their run with DESQview/X let's expand this
=question.
=   * Will we see full X Windows support in MS Windows (client, server,
=     and XLIB)?  When?  Who?
=   * An old posting from Microsoft stated that they were working on
=     a Motif API for MS Windows.  When?  ... or should we call
=     Quarterdeck?
=   * With Microsoft and IBM as OSF member companies, shouldn't we
=     PC applications developers hedge our bets and expand our potential
=     markets by seeking and targeting X/Motif software platforms?
=I would like to hear from anyone who has or is contemplating developing
=a product which allows me to target XLib/Motif and cover MS Windows
=platforms.  (XVT is one but misses the mark.)
=
=Thanks!
=
=cb
--
Christopher D. Brown

Digital: {uunet|cs.utexas.edu}!execu!cb
Analog: (512) 327-7070
Physical: Execucom, 108 Wild Basin Road, Two Wild Basin, Austin, TX 78764

davidsen@antarctica.crd.GE.COM (william E Davidsen) (10/10/90)

In article <25405@sequoia.execu.com>, cb@sequoia.execu.com (Christopher
D. Brown) writes:

|> =   * Will we see full X Windows support in MS Windows (client,
server,
|> =     and XLIB)?  When?  Who?

  The word is that you will get your choice of DESQview, MOTIF, or
OpenLook as the window manager.
--
Bill Davidsen (davidsen@crdos1.crd.ge.com,
uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)