[comp.windows.x.motif] XmNmapCallback???

pjs@basalt.pa.dec.com (Philip Schneider) (10/23/90)

Hi --

    I've got a Motif application that uses a drawing area widget.  I'd like
to have a callback routine called when the window associated with that
widget is mapped.  Unfortunately, I seem unable to accomplish this -- the
attempt to specify a map callback routine is met with an error message :

	"Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallbacks"

which, of course, one would expect, given that there is no reference to
a map callback in anything but Xm.h.

    Is there any way to get a callback when a widget's window is mapped?
Any help would be appreciated. . . :-)

- Philip

--
Philip J. Schneider			| pjs@atd.dec.com
DEC Advanced Technology Development	| decwrl!pjs

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct22.183455.27968@wrl.dec.com> pjs@basalt.pa.dec.com (Philip Schneider) writes:
>     I've got a Motif application that uses a drawing area widget.  I'd like
> to have a callback routine called when the window associated with that
> widget is mapped.  Unfortunately, I seem unable to accomplish this -- the
> attempt to specify a map callback routine is met with an error message :

Not all widgets support this.  I am guessing you are trying it on
a primitive widget rather than a manager widget of some sort.
It works fine for me with dialogs, rowcolumns, etc...

--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com

mikey@eukanuba.wpd.sgi.com (Mike Yang) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct22.183455.27968@wrl.dec.com>, pjs@basalt.pa.dec.com (Philip Schneider) writes:
|>     I've got a Motif application that uses a drawing area widget.  I'd like
|> to have a callback routine called when the window associated with that
|> widget is mapped.  Unfortunately, I seem unable to accomplish this -- the
|> attempt to specify a map callback routine is met with an error message :
|>
|> 	"Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallbacks"
|>
|>     Is there any way to get a callback when a widget's window is mapped?
|> Any help would be appreciated. . . :-)

XmNmapCallback is only supported in some of the widgets, like
XmBulletinBoard.  But you can always use XtAppAddEventHandler with
StructureNotifyMask and check if the event which triggered the handler
is MapNotify.

                 Mike Yang        Silicon Graphics, Inc.
               mikey@sgi.com           415/335-1786

pd@ixi.uucp (Paul Davey) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct22.183455.27968@wrl.dec.com> pjs@basalt.pa.dec.com (Philip Schneider) writes:

       I've got a Motif application that uses a drawing area widget.  I'd like
   to have a callback routine called when the window associated with that
   widget is mapped.  ...

       Is there any way to get a callback when a widget's window is mapped?

The exposeCallback will be called when the window is mapped the first
time. (It will also be called on every expose event.)
--
 Regards,			 pd@x.co.uk          IXI Limited
	Paul Davey		 pd@ixi.uucp         62-74 Burleigh St.