[comp.windows.x.motif] Moving motif widgets

andy@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Andy Colebourne) (10/24/90)

I want to use motif to have a window containing a number of widgets that
can be moved around using the mouse.

I have tried:
[1] unmanage the widget
[2] set the resources for the position (XmNx, XmNy) using XtSetValues
[3] manage the widget

This causes the parent window (and scrollbars) to be redrawn each time
the widget is moved.  (the parent window is a bulletin board widget)

Is there a better way of accomplishing the same task?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

[ andy@uk.ac.lancs.comp ]

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (10/26/90)

In article <1073@dcl-vitus.comp.lancs.ac.uk> andy@dcl-cs.UUCP (Andy Colebourne) writes:
> I want to use motif to have a window containing a number of widgets that
> can be moved around using the mouse.

I assume you're allowing the user to interactively drag a widget around
inside of its parent?

> I have tried:
> [1] unmanage the widget
> [2] set the resources for the position (XmNx, XmNy) using XtSetValues
> [3] manage the widget

Why are you unmanaging the widget?  Just do [2] and it should work.

--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com