[comp.windows.x.motif] ********, actually X Builders

ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Ede) (11/09/90)

In article <22092@hercules.csl.sri.com> donovan@julius.csl.sri.com (Donovan Hsieh) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I am looking for commercial X window products that allow users to design
>their window
>layout interactively, and also generate X11 code automatically. The purpose
>is to eliminate programming in X with the point-and-put type of graphic
>editor. I normally
>don't read this news group, so I would appreciate your reply thru email.
>Thanks,
>Donovan Hsieh
>Computer Science Lab
>SRI International
>Menlo Park, CA
>(415)859-4123
>email: donovan@csl.sri.com

Thanks for the meaningful subject line, and for telling us that you
really don't care enough to follow the group.

(I don't know of any product that turns out X11 code.  Most crank out
C, and/or UIL files, and possibly app-defaults files).  Teleuse even
has D, for those already proficient in C.

To be of little help:

ICS makes the Builder Xcessory (617) 547-0510
HP (and others) distributes UIMX (Try Quest at 408 988-8880)
DEC has VUIT (1-800-DIGITAL)
Imperial Software makes X-designer (44 734 587055)
Non Standard Logic make XFaceMaker2 (33 1 43 36 77 50)
Teleseoft makes Teleuse (619) 457-2700
Nixdorf makes XBuild (617) 864-0066
Sunrise sells ezX (401) 847-7888
Sun sells Guide

In the Public Domain: (not necessarily WYSIWYG)
WsXc
Winterp
Serpent

dex@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com (Dex Smith) (11/12/90)

The Hewlett-Packard product based on UIMX is called "HP Interface
Architect."  Customer shipments start this month -- check it out!

- Dex Smith
  Hewlett-Packard Company