[comp.windows.x.motif] ********

donovan@julius.csl.sri.com (Donovan Hsieh) (11/07/90)

Hi,

I am looking for commercial X window products that allow users to design
their window
layout interactively, and also generate X11 code automatically. The purpose
is to eliminate programming in X with the point-and-put type of graphic
editor. I normally
don't read this news group, so I would appreciate your reply thru email.

Thanks,

Donovan Hsieh
Computer Science Lab
SRI International
Menlo Park, CA
(415)859-4123

email: donovan@csl.sri.com

pelakh@mozart.convex.com (Boris Pelakh) (11/08/90)

	I create a popup window with XmCreateFormDialog. I then tried to set
the screen
location of the above dialog by setting XmNx and XmNy for the XtParent
of the above widget,
since XmCreateFormDialog returns the id of the XmForm Widget. Despite
that, the popup was
centered around the parent no matter what. How can I set its location ?

Second question :

	Can I create an XmScale in such a way that the user will not be able to change
the value using the mouse while letting me change it with XmScaleSetValue ?

Please reply in e-mail, since I do not read this group on  a regular basis.

Boris Pelakh				"A day without sunshine is like
					 a night"
pelakh@convex.com			 		-- Steve Martin

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (11/14/90)

In article <108382@convex.convex.com> pelakh@mozart.convex.com (Boris Pelakh) writes:
> 	I create a popup window with XmCreateFormDialog. I then tried to set
> the screen location of the above dialog by setting XmNx and XmNy for the
> XtParent of the above widget,

Instead, try setting the XmNmapCallback for the dialog widget returned
by XmCreateFormDialog().  That callback function can simply do
    XtVaSetValues(widget, XmNx, x, XmNy, y, NULL);

> Please reply in e-mail, since I do not read this group on  a regular basis.
Sorry -- if you're really interested, you should be reading the newsgroup.
The volume isn't that high :-).

--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com