[comp.windows.x.motif] XtAddTimeOut

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov12.152054@lbl.gov> ctday@lbl.gov (Christopher T. Day) writes:
> Has anybody else out there had trouble with XtAddTimeOut?  I know people for
> whom it works, but I'm not among them.  No errors are reported, just no
> timeout routines are ever called.  It most likely is my setup somewhere.

It's difficult to evaluate and advise you on the problem without
some context.  "It doesn't work" isn't good enough.  The only thing
I can recommend is RTFM (see O'Reilly Volumes 4 or 5).  Until more
information is available, I can't tell what could be the problem.
The only problem that I ever had was where I was using XtAddTimeOut()
rather than XtAppAddTimeout().  This occured once I switched from
XtInitialize() to XtVaAppInitialize().

--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com

ctday@lbl.gov (Christopher T. Day) (11/15/90)

Sorry folks, autopilot error.  I was using builderXcessory to write the main
routine.  I didn't look closely enough at what it had done to realize that it
had explicitly created a context rather than used the default one.  Once I saw
that, I changed from XtAddTimeOut to XtAppAddTimeOut and all is well.  Thanks
for various people's comments.

Chris