[comp.windows.x.motif] Motif applications and the olwm...

willis@ecovsb.ncsu.edu (Bill Willis) (11/29/90)

--
We have Motif application ( version 1.0.2 for right now) which we have ported to
Sun4

Has anybody run into this difficulty and found a work-around ?

Bill Willis, Director                 willis@ecovsa.ncsu.edu
Engineering Computer Operations       willis%ecovsa@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
Box 7901, School of Engineering
North Carolina State University
(919) 737-2458

               We have met the enemy, and they are us --- Pogo

dow@PRESTO.IG.COM (Christopher Dow) (11/29/90)

	I have found that neither my Motif/XVT-based application, another one
here at IntelliGenetics,  or FrameMaker (also a Motif app) work under
OLWM.  In fact, they both crash.  I haven't found any workarounds, so
I'd like to here about them if they exist, too.
Chris Dow                             IntelliGenetics
Software Engineer                     700 East El Camino Real
icbmnet: 37 22' 39" N, 122 3' 32" W   Mountain View, Ca. 94040
dow@presto.ig.com                     (415) 962-7320

ks@tut.fi (Syst{ Kari) (11/29/90)

In article <cbJ2uyK6f08E4_qVh7@presto.ig.com> dow@PRESTO.IG.COM (Christopher Dow) writes:

>   here at IntelliGenetics,  or FrameMaker (also a Motif app) work under
>   OLWM.  In fact, they both crash.  I haven't found any workarounds, so

I use FrameMaker (motif version) with OLWM (Sun's openwindows 2.0) almost
daily.

The only (minor) problems are:
  - The search etc. windows do not have titlebars to quit. The resize-corners
    can be added by using OpenWindows.MinimalDecor. I must use control-C
    to quit.

  - The menus were bound to left-mouse-button. This can also be changed
    by using the resources. A guy from our local HP-office helped me on that.

  - The Look&feel is not consistent in my screen, because some applications
    are OpenLook and some Motif.

--
This article represents my personal views.
NeWS flash: "X is the Fortran of windowing systems."