[comp.windows.x.motif] Motif Editor Source Code Request

pjp@sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com (Pat J. Pinchera) (11/27/90)

Does anyone know where I can find the source code for the Motif Editor. I
believe that it is called "xmeditor". I've look at the FAQ list, but no luck.

kay@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (11/28/90)

In article <1990Nov26.201218.26275@mlb.semi.harris.com>, pjp@sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com (Pat J. Pinchera) writes:
> Does anyone know where I can find the source code for the Motif Editor. I
> believe that it is called "xmeditor". I've look at the FAQ list, but no luck.

The editor IS called 'xmeditor' and it is distributed with HP's HP-UX 7.0.  It
shows up in the directory /usr/contrib/Xm along with several other Motif demo
programs.  I'd be happy to E-mail the source to you; it's about 30K long.

Jim Kay
kay@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com

dbrooks@osf.org (David Brooks) (11/29/90)

In article <2154.27525457@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com>, kay@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:
|> The editor IS called 'xmeditor' and it is distributed with HP's HP-UX 7.0.  It
|> shows up in the directory /usr/contrib/Xm along with several other Motif demo
|> programs.  I'd be happy to E-mail the source to you; it's about 30K long.

Careful about announcing this intention:

/******************************************************************************
*
*  (c) Copyright 1989, 1990 OPEN SOFTWARE FOUNDATION, INC.
*  (c) Copyright 1989 HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY.
*  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
*

Here I'm guessing: HP can distribute it because they wrote it, basically.

Here I'm not: at this moment the source to the demos is not freely
redistributable.  We think it would be a good idea, and we're working
on it.  Watch this space (and others).
--
David Brooks				dbrooks@osf.org
Systems Engineering, OSF		uunet!osf.org!dbrooks

kay@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (11/30/90)

In article <16661@paperboy.OSF.ORG>, dbrooks@osf.org (David Brooks) writes:
> In article <2154.27525457@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com>, kay@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:
> |> The editor IS called 'xmeditor' and it is distributed with HP's HP-UX 7.0.  It
> |> shows up in the directory /usr/contrib/Xm along with several other Motif demo
> |> programs.  I'd be happy to E-mail the source to you; it's about 30K long.
>
> Careful about announcing this intention:
>
> /******************************************************************************
> *
> *  (c) Copyright 1989, 1990 OPEN SOFTWARE FOUNDATION, INC.
> *  (c) Copyright 1989 HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY.
> *  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
> *
>
> Here I'm guessing: HP can distribute it because they wrote it, basically.
>
> Here I'm not: at this moment the source to the demos is not freely
> redistributable.  We think it would be a good idea, and we're working
> on it.  Watch this space (and others).
> --
> David Brooks				dbrooks@osf.org
> Systems Engineering, OSF		uunet!osf.org!dbrooks
> "No, I didn't say I wanted a Bud light!!!" -- Oedipus

Yes, you're correct!  I hadn't looked at the source to know that it was
copyrighted! I just figured that since it was in the contrib directory it
was shareware.  Sorry, but for those who asked for the source, I can't do
that.