[comp.windows.x.motif] Accelerators keys don't work on my SPARCstation

robert@nereid.jpl.nasa.gov (Robert Angelino) (12/01/90)

I've built Motif 1.1.1 on a SPARCstation running SunOS 4.1 .
I've used the default installation and the window manager
comes with no problems except that the accelerator keys
don't work.  Does anyone have any suggestions??

--
                                          -     ------       -
Robert Angelino                          | |   | ----  \    | |

kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley ) (12/01/90)

In article <4628@mahendo.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> robert@nereid.jpl.nasa.gov (Robert Angelino) writes:
>I've built Motif 1.1.1 on a SPARCstation running SunOS 4.1 .
>I've used the default installation and the window manager
>comes with no problems except that the accelerator keys
>don't work.  Does anyone have any suggestions??

First off, you don't have 1.1.1, you have 1.1 with update-1, and maybe
update-2.  Trust me.

Second, on the type-4 keyboard, the one Sun ships with SparcStations,
the Sun keymap maps the <> keys, (the one's next to the <Alt> keys to
be the actual <alt> key.  Try them instead.

Third, and fourth, and less likely possibilities are:
Did you install the XKeysymDB file in /usr/lib/X11?  If you
hadn't, then you'd be complaining about a lot of other things.  And
did you install the Mwm app-defaults file?

--
Kaleb Keithley                      Jet Propulsion Labs
kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

Good girls get to go to heaven, but bad girls get to go everywhere!