[comp.windows.x.motif] motif porting problem

boote@bierstadt.scd.ucar.edu (Jeff W. Boote) (12/07/90)

I am currently porting motif1.1 to IBM's RISC6000.  I was able to get the
whole thing to compile without too many hassle's but I am having one problem.
The geometry of popupshells seems to be messed up.  It appears that the x
and y values for the sizes is switched.  The mwm popup that comes up when
you try and restart is cut off in the horizontal direction and there is
extra space in the vertical direction.  Also, I have a couple of applications
that use a FileSelectionBox and it also comes up with part of the interior
cut off.  Additionally, if I resize the FileSelectionBox in the horizontal
direction the widgets within the window resize in the verticle direction
instead.

Has anyone else seen this problem, and do you know where I need to fix it?

Thanks for any info.

jeff

--
Jeff W. Boote                   SCD/NCAR
boote@ncar.ucar.edu           Boulder, Colo

dbrooks@penge.osf.org (David Brooks) (12/07/90)

In article <9435@ncar.ucar.edu> boote@bierstadt.scd.ucar.edu (Jeff W. Boote) writes:
>I am currently porting motif1.1 to IBM's RISC6000.  I was able to get the
>whole thing to compile without too many hassle's but I am having one problem.
>The geometry of popupshells seems to be messed up.  It appears that the x
>and y values for the sizes is switched.

I think this is the bug: you have managed the impressive feat of
compiling the Xm library with prototypes enabled.  Unfortunately,
there's a routine with two parameters out of order in the prototype
part of its definition.  Look at lib/Xm/GeoUtils.c/_XmGeoArrangeBoxes,
and reverse the order of the pH and pW parameters in the prototype
definition (lines 1518 and 1519).  This is actually usually reported
only against MessageBox (hence the "I think" at the start).  Anyway,
try it.

--
David Brooks				dbrooks@osf.org
Systems Engineering, OSF		uunet!osf.org!dbrooks