[comp.windows.x.motif] osf keysyms

tbray@watsol.waterloo.edu (Tim Bray) (12/13/90)

This is a DEC3100 running stock MIT X11R4 xcfbpmax and Ultrix v3.1.

Just finished installing motif 1.1 (also put in a new Xt with all the
patches) and things seem OK.... except the virtual keys and osf keysyms
have failed to catch on.

Whenever I start a motif application I get a bunch of junk such as

Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfDown
Warning: ... found while parsing ' Ctrl <Key>osfDown:           forward-paragrap
h()'

This also has the unfortunate side effect that *no* arrow keys or anything
can get through to my application...

Yes, I put bindings/dec into .motifbind in my home directory.  Before I
go diving into source code, anyone out there know what's going on?

Thanks in advance, Tim Bray (tbray@watsol.waterloo.edu)

dbrooks@penge.osf.org (David Brooks) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec12.211632.1911@watdragon.waterloo.edu> tbray@watsol.waterloo.edu (Tim Bray) writes:
>Whenever I start a motif application I get a bunch of junk such as
>
>Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfDown
>Warning: ... found while parsing ' Ctrl <Key>osfDown:   forward-paragraph()'
>
>Yes, I put bindings/dec into .motifbind in my home directory.  Before I
>go diving into source code, anyone out there know what's going on?

You also have to copy (or append) lib/Xm/XKeysymDB into /usr/lib/X11.
Make install does this.

--
David Brooks				dbrooks@osf.org
Systems Engineering, OSF		uunet!osf.org!dbrooks