[comp.windows.x.motif] iconification

lcp@ibism.UUCP (Larry Poleshuck) (12/08/90)

Can anyone tell me how to find out if my window is iconfied.  I am using
mwm, Motif 1.1, and programing with uil.

Thanks.

--

Larry Poleshuck
Citibank

Phone:  212-657-7709
Fax:    212-825-8607
E-Mail: uunet!ibism!lcp

kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley ) (12/08/90)

In article <12102@ibism.uucp> ibism!lcp writes:
>Can anyone tell me how to find out if my window is iconfied.  I am using
>mwm, Motif 1.1, and programing with uil.
>
>Thanks.

Add an event handler to your toplevel widget with XtAddEventHandler.
Select ConfigurationNotify events.  If you want to know when you window
is obscured, select VisibilityNotify events.

--
Kaleb Keithley                      Jet Propulsion Labs
kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

You can please all of the people some of the time,

keith@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com (Keith Taylor) (12/13/90)

>In article <12102@ibism.uucp> ibism!lcp writes:
>Can anyone tell me how to find out if my window is iconfied.  I am using
>mwm, Motif 1.1, and programing with uil.

As an alternative, you can also get the WM_STATE property off your
window and check for IconicState (see the ICCCM).  Since this involves
a round trip, you probably wouldn't want to do this real frequently.
:-)

Keith M. Taylor		keith@cv.hp.com
Hewlett-Packard
Corvallis, Oregon

pasturel@sctc.com (Pierre Pasturel) (12/19/90)

Someone a few weeks ago asked how an application program knows
whether or not a window is iconified. I don't have access to old
postings, so could someone please post the answer.

I have the following widget hierarchy:

     Application Shell, "tpt_status"
              BulletinBoard, "bb"
                   Frame, "frame"
                        Text, "status_text"

How do I found out whether or not the tpt_status window is iconified????

Sorry for cluttering the news group, but thanks for the help.

Pierre
pasturel@sctc.com