[comp.windows.x.motif] /usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB

argv@Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (01/01/91)

On Dec 30,  7:56pm, Kee Hinckley wrote:
> Question to OSF.  Is 1.1.1 going to provide some kind of fall
> back translations so this doesn't keep happening.  It's bad
> enough now with every other developer running into the problem,
> but it also makes installation a royal pain for applications.

This is a real problem.  I've installed my software on many different
platforms not running 1.1 yet and it's completely unusable because
the file doesn't exist.  My binary is statically compiled with the
1.1 libs along with R4 xlib and xt, but I can't bring along this file.

>   In the short
> term, what can I do in my app so that the user doesn't get errors
> if they don't have the file?

Great question--

--dan