[comp.windows.x.motif] color bitmaps for xsetroot

mike@wang.com (Mike Sullivan) (01/02/91)

david@lta.com (David B. Lewis) writes:

>In article <3392@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, uunet!tmc.edu!etaylor  (Eric Taylor) writes:
>|> There is no such thing as a 'color' bitmap.

>I didn't see the original, but the Subject line asked for "color bitmaps for
>xsetroot." I don't know who posted the question, but this might be the answer.

>There are at least two patches to xsetroot that will permit doing this. The first

I also did not see the original, the recently posted XV graphics file viewer
GIF, PCX etc, allows the output to go to the root, ( Even on my SCO box ! )
( Xloadimage did the same for color xterms, but not for SCO's X. )
--
 /                    __  \  | Michael J. Sullivan    |ec.lec.tic adj Choosing
 \________________________/  | 			      |from diverse sources.