[comp.windows.x.motif] Any Motif Screen Print Programs?

klg@flash.UUCP (Kevin L. Gross) (01/31/91)

A freind of mine is looking for an X (motif) screen dump program, so
that they can print the screen. Seems like it should be something that
somebody else has done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Kevin
--
-Kevin L. Gross        |  "When somebody shoot you in the head, it makes
 klg@Summation.WA.COM  | you think." -Kevin Kline in _I_Love_You_to_Death_

marbru@attc.UUCP (Martin Brunecky) (02/01/91)

In article <1200@flash.UUCP> klg@flash.UUCP (Kevin L. Gross) writes:

>A freind of mine is looking for an X (motif) screen dump program, so
>that they can print the screen. Seems like it should be something that
>somebody else has done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

   What about writing a small user interface fron end to xpr/xwd ?

   Using Motif and Wcl it may be 1-2 days job (I wish I had those 2 days).

   The only problem may be that some vendors do not ship MIT xwd nor xpr,
   but you can always get it from the MIT tape.
   The only drawback of xpr is (besides few bugs) that it does not support
   archaic dot printers so widely used on workstations in the past,
   but it can be added with a little effort.

--
=*= Opinions presented here are solely of my own and not those of Auto-trol =*=
Martin Brunecky                           {...}sunpeaks!auto-trol!marbru

slh@wolf.cs.washington.edu (Scott Heyano) (02/01/91)

In article <1200@flash.UUCP> klg@flash.UUCP (Kevin L. Gross) writes:

|A freind of mine is looking for an X (motif) screen dump program, so
|that they can print the screen. Seems like it should be something that
|somebody else has done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

	xwd/xwud?