[comp.windows.x.motif] PanedWindow where sash moves left to right?

lau@desci.wharton.upenn.edu (Yan K. Lau) (02/13/91)

Is it possible to create a XmPanedWindow where the sash moves from left
to right rather than up and down?  For instance, I'd have a row of
drawing areas in the Paned Window.  The user would be able to move the
sash (correct terminology escapes me) and see more of the drawing area
horizontally.  I didn't see any argument dealing with the orientation
of the sash.

Yan.
--
   )~  Yan K. Lau    lau@kings.wharton.upenn.edu      The Wharton School
 ~/~   -Sheenaphile-          128.91.11.233       University of Pennsylvania

meeks@osf.org (W. Scott Meeks) (02/13/91)

>From: usc!elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!swrinde!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!ub!dsinc!netnews.upenn.edu!kings!lau@ucsd.edu  (Yan K. Lau)
>
>Is it possible to create a XmPanedWindow where the sash moves from left
>to right rather than up and down?  For instance, I'd have a row of
>drawing areas in the Paned Window.  The user would be able to move the
>sash (correct terminology escapes me) and see more of the drawing area
>horizontally.  I didn't see any argument dealing with the orientation
>of the sash.

XmPanedWindow only supports a vertical column of panes.  It's possible
someone else has written a subclass/new-widget that supports horizontal panes.

W. Scott Meeks
Open Software Foundation
meeks@osf.org
(617) 621-7229