[net.travel] Info on San Fransisco wanted

hern@bgsuvax.UUCP (Thomas Hern) (04/24/85)

Any one out there have a favorite, inexpensive hotel that is within (long?)
walking distance of Moscone Center?

Thanks!

Thomas Hern, Bowling Green State Univ., Bowling Green OH 43403. 419-372-2636
cbosg!osu-eddie!bgsuvax!hern

maa@ssc-bee.UUCP (Mark A Allyn) (04/26/85)

> Any one out there have a favorite, inexpensive hotel that is within (long?)
> walking distance of Moscone Center?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Thomas Hern, Bowling Green State Univ., Bowling Green OH 43403. 419-372-2636
> cbosg!osu-eddie!bgsuvax!hern

The Atherton Hotel (About 35 to 40 a night). Thios place is clean and
the staff is quite decent for this type of money. Sorry, I cant remember
the address - you can call them and ask them when you make your reservation
but I know that it would take about a half hour's brisk walk to get to
Moscone.

					Gook Luck

					Mark Allyn
					uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ssc-bee!maa

rjw@ptsfc.UUCP (Rod Williams) (04/26/85)

In article <374@bgsuvax.UUCP> hern@bgsuvax.UUCP (Thomas Hern) writes:
>Any one out there have a favorite, inexpensive hotel that is within (long?)
>walking distance of Moscone Center?

 I did some research on this a couple of years ago when friends
 were visiting, and found the King George Hotel (344 Mason, SF, CA 94102
 (415) 781-5050). It's right in the shopping/theatre district and about
 a 15-minute walk from Moscone. It's small, clean, comfortable, friendly
 and (relatively) inexpensive ($40 two years ago) - my friends really
 liked it.
--

 rod williams | pacific bell | san francisco
 {ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,decwrl,amd70,fortune,zehntel}!dual!ptsfa!ptsfc!rjw