[comp.windows.x.motif] UIL examples

dmh@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Darren Hosking) (02/26/91)

Does anyone have any sample UIL and C code they could send me? I don't have
the Motif source yet (due to various problems, but that's another story...)
so I don't have the samples that come with the source. Real applications
that use UIL would also be good.

If any publically available programs have been written using UIL their name
and an address where they can be ftp'd from would be a great help.

	Thanks, dmh

Darren Hosking			ACSnet: dmh@goanna.cs.rmit.oz
Department Of Computer Science	ARPA:   dmh%goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
RMIT				CSNET:  dmh%goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au@australia
GPO Box 2476V			UUCP:   ...!uunet!goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au!dmh
Melbourne Vic., Australia 3001	PH: +61 3 660 3299 FAX: +61 3 662 1617

marbru@attc.UUCP (Martin Brunecky) (03/03/91)

In article <4825@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au> dmh@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Darren Hosking) writes:
>Does anyone have any sample UIL and C code they could send me? I don't have
>the Motif source yet (due to various problems, but that's another story...)
>so I don't have the samples that come with the source. Real applications
>that use UIL would also be good.

     Get Wcl.
     You can start playing with it (using Athena widgets) before your
     Motif arrives.
     You can look at it's callbacks and actions routines (code) without
     being confused by the coding that you should never do.

     I don't know about archive site in Australia - but Wcl is on expo
     at mit, and any trouble getting Wcl is worth avoiding UIL.

--
=*= Opinions presented here are solely of my own and not those of Auto-trol =*=
Martin Brunecky                           {...}sunpeaks!auto-trol!marbru

rmf@cs.columbia.edu (Robert M. Fuhrer) (03/06/91)

When trying to compile (on an RS/6000), first, make Makefiles doesn't simply
make the Makefiles. It actually ends up compiling the source in subdirectory
Wc (I don't think this should happen). The Makefile in fact never gets created
in the subdirectory [in fact, this results in the original Makefile being
removed :-(].

Second, compilation fails on the first file (WcCallb.c) for the following
reason. WcCallb.c #include's X11/Intrinsic.h, which in turn #defines the
XtIsShell macro. This macro refers to a variable named shellWidget which
doesn't exist. Noticing that X11/IntrinsicP.h contained a reasonable-looking
definition for XtIsShell, I patched WcCallb.c to include it instead. This
fixed the problem, but I'm fairly sure this wasn't the right thing to do.

Next, WcConvert.c had a problem, again with an undefined variable, named
XtRWidget. This didn't seem to be defined anywhere that I could easily find.
At this point, I gave up, suspecting problems larger than I have time to deal
with.

So what's going on?

--

--------------------------
Robert M. Fuhrer

slh@wolf.cs.washington.edu (Scott Heyano) (03/06/91)

In article <RMF.91Mar5180313@chopin.cs.columbia.edu> rmf@cs.columbia.edu (Robert M. Fuhrer) writes:
[stuff]
|Second, compilation fails on the first file (WcCallb.c) for the following
|reason. WcCallb.c #include's X11/Intrinsic.h, which in turn #defines the
|XtIsShell macro. This macro refers to a variable named shellWidget which
|doesn't exist. Noticing that X11/IntrinsicP.h contained a reasonable-looking
|definition for XtIsShell, I patched WcCallb.c to include it instead. This
|fixed the problem, but I'm fairly sure this wasn't the right thing to do.
|
|Next, WcConvert.c had a problem, again with an undefined variable, named
|XtRWidget. This didn't seem to be defined anywhere that I could easily find.
|At this point, I gave up, suspecting problems larger than I have time to deal
|with.
|
|So what's going on?

	AIX 3.1/3003:
		XtIsShell is defined in Intrinsic.h