[comp.windows.x.motif] Motif 1.1 for Apollos?

mark@intek01.uucp (Mark McWiggins) (03/30/91)

We're using Motif 1.0 on Apollo 3500's and are having some problems,
the latest appearing to be a memory-trashing error down inside Motif
someplace.  I'm not sure about this, but we have heard various comment
on Motif 1.0's general flakiness ...

Is there a Motif 1.1 implementation available for this machine?  Does
this absolutely require X11R4, or does it work with R3?

Thanks in advance.
--
Mark McWiggins			Integration Technologies, Inc. (Intek)
+1 206 455 9935			DISCLAIMER:  I could be wrong ...

In article <1991Mar29.195934.9143@intek01.uucp> mark@intek01.uucp (Mark McWiggins) writes:
>We're using Motif 1.0 on Apollo 3500's and are having some problems,
>the latest appearing to be a memory-trashing error down inside Motif
>someplace.  I'm not sure about this, but we have heard various comment
>on Motif 1.0's general flakiness ...
Yep.

>Is there a Motif 1.1 implementation available for this machine?  Does
>this absolutely require X11R4, or does it work with R3?
You don't need X11R4 at all, although performance will be better.
You may, however, have problems with share-mode X, particularly with
regard to keyboard and mouse focus and event handling.  It'll depend
on the details of your application - I can give more detail if you want.

As for a 1.1 implementation.  The easiest thing to do is go buy the
source.  Be sure to at least get the limited support license.

>mark@intek.com    		Ask me about C++!
Okay, I'm asking.

--
Alfalfa Software, Inc.          |       Poste:  The EMail for Unix
nazgul@alfalfa.com              |       Send Anything... Anywhere

everyone else's.

mark@intek01.uucp (Mark McWiggins) (03/31/91)

mark@intek01.uucp (Mark McWiggins) writes:

>We're using Motif 1.0 on Apollo 3500's and are having some problems,
>the latest appearing to be a memory-trashing error down inside Motif
>someplace.  I'm not sure about this ...

... and a good thing, too, since it turned out to be my problem. (*blush*)

I'm still interested in Motif 1.1, though.  Thanks.