[comp.windows.x.motif] Help : unable to create a PromptDialog using UIL.

zi@cli52gp.edf.fr (...Zixiong WANG N 005 47.50.59 ) (03/29/91)

Hi,

	I need help.

	I use UIL for a Motif application project, and I need a PromptDialog box.
I take a XmSelectionDialog with XmNdialogType set to XmDIALOG_PROMPT, but UIL
seems to ignore this resource so that I have always the list and the list label
displayed. When I examine the value of this resource after the widget creation,
I get XmDIALOG_SELECTION.

	Any information will be usefull.

Thanks in advence.

Zixiong WANG.
Electricite de France, DER, Clamart FRANCE
zi@cli52ch.edf.fr

meeks@osf.org (W. Scott Meeks) (04/02/91)

>Date: 29 Mar 91 10:16:07 GMT
>From: eru!hagbard!sunic!mcsun!corton!inria!edfder1!cli52gp!zi@bloom-beacon.mit.edu  (...Zixiong WANG N 005 47.50.59 )
>
>	I use UIL for a Motif application project, and I need a PromptDialog box.
>I take a XmSelectionDialog with XmNdialogType set to XmDIALOG_PROMPT, but UIL
>seems to ignore this resource so that I have always the list and the list label
>displayed. When I examine the value of this resource after the widget creation,
>I get XmDIALOG_SELECTION.

I just confirmed that this is indeed the case.  At the moment I have no
idea why this is broken.  However, there is a simple workaround.  If you
change XmSelectionDialog to XmPromptDialog in your Uil file, you'll get the
same behavior as setting XmDIALOG_PROMPT.  Hope that helps.  Let me know if
you have any further questions.

W. Scott Meeks           | We must live with the fact, true throughout recorded
Open Software Foundation | history, that our artifacts are sometimes flawed and
meeks@osf.org            | cause us to die in novel and unexpected ways, and we
(617) 621-7229           | can only do our human best to minimize the problems.