[comp.windows.x.motif] how do I refresh widgets inside a drawing area

pierrest@cl.bull.fr (Frederic Pierresteguy) (04/12/91)

Anyone can help me about my problem?

I have drawn pictures inside a drawing area widget and also
put several drawn button widgets.

I use "XCopyArea" to copy the pictures (done with the Xlib functions)
from a pixmap to the drawing area. Then, my drawn buttons become hidden
by the pictures.
If there any possibility to tell the drawing area: "Now, redraw your
children (the drawn buttons) to get them visible".

Thanks for any help.
			frederic.

 ------- Frederic Pierresteguy -----  Bull S.A France ---------------------
 Software Dev. Methodology     ! e-mail: Frederic.Pierresteguy@frcl.bull.fr
 Rue Jean-Jaures F30D01, BP 53 ! tel:(33-1) 3080 6393
 78340 Les Clayes-Sous-Bois    ! Fax:(33-1) 3080 7078

aw@jello.bae.bellcore.com (Andrew Wason) (04/16/91)

In article <571@clbull.frcl.bull.fr>, pierrest@cl.bull.fr (Frederic Pierresteguy) writes:
> I have drawn pictures inside a drawing area widget and also
> put several drawn button widgets.
>
> I use "XCopyArea" to copy the pictures (done with the Xlib functions)
> from a pixmap to the drawing area. Then, my drawn buttons become hidden
> by the pictures.
> If there any possibility to tell the drawing area: "Now, redraw your
> children (the drawn buttons) to get them visible".

Anything you draw into the XmDrawingArea should be clipped
by the windows of it's children, unless you set subwindow_mode
to IncludeInferiors in your GC.  If you didn't do that, then are you sure
that the child buttons are Widgets and not Gadgets?
Gadgets don't have windows so your graphics wouldn't be clipped.

Andrew

Andrew Wason                                       Bell Communications Research
aw@bae.bellcore.com                                Piscataway, NJ
bellcore!bae!aw