[comp.windows.x.motif] Multi-Platform Help Systems

adolce@bbn.com (Anne Dolce) (04/18/91)

Hi!  For all of you out there who are developing
windowing system applications for multiple platforms,
I'd be interested in knowing what you're doing for
a hypertext help system.

What we're looking for is a hypertext help system
that will run on X/Motif, MS-Windows, and the Mac.
This issue here is that we really only want to enter
our help text once (not once for each plaform) and
have a help user interface that looks the same on
all platforms.

Any experiences/advice you can share on this subject
will be appreciated.  Please respond directly to me.

Thanks, Anne

****    ****    *    *         *********************************
*   *   *   *   **   *         *  Anne Dolce (adolce@bbn.com)  *
****    ****    * *  *         *  BBN Software Products        *
*   *   *   *   *  * *         *  150 Cambridge Park Dr 20/9C  *
****    ****    *    *         *  Cambridge, MA  02140  USA    *
                               *********************************

saunders_j@alb000.dnet.ge.com (Jonathan S. Saunders) (04/21/91)

Anne Dolce writes:

 > Hi!  For all of you out there who are developing
 > windowing system applications for multiple platforms,
 > I'd be interested in knowing what you're doing for
 > a hypertext help system.
 >
 > What we're looking for is a hypertext help system
 > that will run on X/Motif, MS-Windows, and the Mac.
 > This issue here is that we really only want to enter
 > our help text once (not once for each plaform) and
 > have a help user interface that looks the same on
 > all platforms.

Please also send responses to me... I''m very interested in
hearing the answers to this question too!

    ttfn,   ^. .^
  jonathan  ==`==

--
Jonathan S. Saunders                saunders_j@alb000.dnet.ge.com