[comp.windows.x.motif] Changing widgets in the client area of a widget

dmbeal@uswnvg.UUCP (Dave Beal) (05/01/91)

Hello Motif experts,

I am trying to switch widgets displayed in the client area.
I start my application with a main window, that has a menu
bar and a scrolledTextWidget in the client area. For certain
reasons, I would like to unmanage the scrolledTextWidget and
replace it with a scrolledListWidget. They are both children
of the same main window.

When ever I try to unmanage the text widget and then manage
the list widget. the list widget shrinks to a small square
in the upper left hand corner of the main window. It also is
taking its coordinates of 0,0 off the main window. This makes
the list widget appear under the menu bar.

Can someone give me a clue on how to properly place and size
the list widget, so that it appears in the full client area?
Thanks,
Dave B.
uunet!uswnvg!dmbeal

aw@BAE.BELLCORE.COM (Andrew Wason) (05/01/91)

uswnvg!dmbeal@uunet.uu.net (Dave Beal) writes:

> I am trying to switch widgets displayed in the client area.
> I start my application with a main window, that has a menu
> bar and a scrolledTextWidget in the client area. For certain
> reasons, I would like to unmanage the scrolledTextWidget and
> replace it with a scrolledListWidget. They are both children
> of the same main window.

Try doing a SetValues on the MainWindows XmNworkWindow resource.
Set it to whichever widget you want to be displayed in the work region.

Andrew

Andrew Wason                                       Bell Communications Research
aw@bae.bellcore.com                                Piscataway, NJ
bellcore!bae!aw