[comp.windows.x.motif] That dang divet

rich@aftac1.llnl.gov (Rich Mayfield) (04/12/91)

When I go traversing around my form of text widgets, a little ^ follows
the currently active tab group in text widgets.  I'm calling it a divet
for lack of a better term.

First of all, what does it signify?  And second, how can I get rid of
the dang thing.

Pardon my harsh language, I hope there weren't any ladies present...

Rich Mayfield                          | rich@aracsunny.llnl.gov
who works at but does not represent    |
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory |

pjp@sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com (Pat J. Pinchera) (05/03/91)

In article <95186@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> rich@aftac1.llnl.gov (Rich Mayfield) writes:
>When I go traversing around my form of text widgets, a little ^ follows
>the currently active tab group in text widgets.  I'm calling it a divet
>for lack of a better term.
>
>First of all, what does it signify?  And second, how can I get rid of
>the dang thing.
>
>Rich Mayfield                          | rich@aracsunny.llnl.gov

Rich,
	The best I can find is in:

	_Release Notes for DECwindows Developer Kit for OSF/Motif V1.1_
	September 1990

in the back there is a list of known bugs in Motif 1.1:

PIR	Severity	Status	Region	Bug Description
1638	Critical	Assigned   XM	The text cursor flashes (i.e. quickly
					changes from a caret to a I-beam) or
					just disappears when typing in text.

Although this doesn't exactly describe your problem, it may fall within it.

Patrick Pinchera
Melbourne, FL