[comp.windows.x.motif] Sharing a colormap after I make my own...

CWIKLA@uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu (John/Consultant) (05/03/91)

	I basically have three main widgets: toplevel, widget1, and widget2.

I create toplevel with XtCreateApplicationShell and widget1 and widget2 with
XtCreatePopupShell using toplevel as the parent and transientShellWidgetClass
for the shelltype.

I then realize my toplevel widget and create my own colormap installing it
onto toplevel using XSetWindowColormap...However when I run my program the
two transientShellWidgets don't get that colormap (they get the default one).
I have tried using XSetWindowColormap on them too, but I get an X error about
them not being a valid window id (Yes, I am using XtWindow(widget1) for that
arg...).  And have tried using the XmNcolormap resource but that doesn't work
either -- if I do it before I realize the toplevel I get an error, if I do
it after I get no change -- but no error...

Any help would be appreciated.

John

*  John L. Cwikla             *   cwikla@uiucmrl, cwikla@uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu *
*  Chief Consultant, MRLCFC   *	  uimrl::cwikla		(217)333-8281        *
*  University of Illinois     *   Redefining Lunacy...			     *

aw@BAE.BELLCORE.COM (Andrew Wason) (05/03/91)

usc!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!linac!mp.cs.niu.edu!ux
1.cso.uiuc.edu!usenet@ucsd.edu (John/Consultant) writes:

> I create toplevel with XtCreateApplicationShell and widget1 and widget2 with
> XtCreatePopupShell using toplevel as the parent and transientShellWidgetClass
> for the shelltype.
>
> I then realize my toplevel widget and create my own colormap installing it
> onto toplevel using XSetWindowColormap...However when I run my program the
> two transientShellWidgets don't get that colormap (they get the default one).

Did you realize your two transient shells before calling
XSetWindowColormap on them?  They won't have windows until you do.

Andrew

Andrew Wason                                       Bell Communications Research
aw@bae.bellcore.com                                Piscataway, NJ
bellcore!bae!aw